Monday, June 10, 2013

Satay Sesame Noodles

I love peanut butter! Sweet or savory I can't get enough of this tasty treat and love to find ways to bring it into various recipes.  Today I am sharing a new favorite way to consume my love in this simple sesame noodle satay dish!




Ingredients:
8 oz package of noodles (I used soba noodles)
2 tablespons of scallions
1/2 red bell pepper
3 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds

Sauce:
1/3 cup of peanut butter (I like to use crunchy for the texture)
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of soymilk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Sriracha
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Juice of one lime
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon of minced ginger



Begin by combining all ingredients for sauce in a bowl and letting it rest for several minutes in order for the flavors to fully combine.  In the meantime prepare your noodles.  Be sure to watch carefully if you are using soba noodles as the can overcook easily.  While the noodles cook, chop your bell pepper and scallions.  Drain noodles and rinse slightly with cold water, then add noodles to sauce and mix until they are coated evenly.  Add bell pepper and scallions and mix again.



I like to eat this recipe cold topped with some toasted sesame seeds.  It's a great dish for those hot summer days and so simple and quick to make! Enjoy!!



2 comments: