Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pineapple and 'Ham' Skewers



This recipe is super simple and very tasty for a quick addition to a summer bbq.  I served this with some potato salad and roasted corn on the cob and it really completed the mini picnic my boyfriend and I had the other day.  Hope you enjoy this recipe and get to try it for yourself!

Ingredients:
8.5 oz of canned pineapple chunks (or fresh pineapple if you have it!)
1 small green bell pepper
1/2 small white onion
1 package of Light Life Smart Deli Ham Slices
Optional: drop of liquid smoke

Note: When making skewers or kabobs I find that without a proper grill it's easier to cook the ingredients separate on a pan first and then assemble them on the skewers afterwards however you can easily assemble them first and then grill them.  Because I just used my stovetop I added a drop of liquid smoke to the veggies to give it that smokey bbq flavour.


Cut the peppers and onions into bite sized pieces and saute for 5 minutes until the veggies cook slightly.  You can cook longer if you like but I like my peppers and onions to still have a bit of crunch to them.  You can also add a little bit of liquid smoke to them if you want that smokey flavour.  Set veggies aside and then pan sear the ham slices until they brown slightly on each side.  Now do the same for the pineapple chunks.  Allow the ingredients to cool slightly and then assemble the ham slices, onion, pepper and pineapple chunks onto a skewer.



And that's it! Very quick and easy recipe with few ingredients. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment